Download here (Brian OKeefe Resume 2020) or review below:
Brian O’Keefe, MSW, LICSW
firstname.lastname@example.org | (781) 690-3411 | bcokeefe.com | LICSW #121813
Master of Social Work, Boston University, Boston, MA May 2016
- Trauma Certificate; Cumulative GPA: 3.76
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT May 2014
- Minors in Art History and Philosophy; Cumulative GPA: 3.48
Licensed Clinician, Bay Cove Academy (Justice Resource Institute), Brookline, MA
Oct. 2018 – present
- Provide individual therapy to 10 students referred from public school districts with mental health and academic issues via weekly therapy sessions and check-ins when emotionally dysregulated at a therapeutic day school.
- Maintain contact with guardian and collaterals and complete IEP assessments and attend all IEP meetings.
- Facilitate semester-long group sessions for students, such as Identity & Social Media, Young Men’s Health, & Music Production, and monitor student behavior and milieu settings in the school.
- Leadership roles include Educational Technology (EdTech) Ambassador for Day School Division, Committee Chair for Field Trips & Tournaments, and teaching Gym, Graphic Design, Coding, and CAD Design.
School-based Clinician, The Home for Little Wanderers, Roslindale, MA
Sept. 2015 – Oct. 2018
- Delivered school-based therapy at a Boston Public High School (Community Academy of Science and Health in Dorchester) and a Boston Public K-8 (F.D. Roosevelt School in Hyde Park).
- Provided outpatient counseling to a caseload of 30+ clients at Child and Family Counseling Center (CFCC).
- Facilitated DMH-funded mental health groups and led various camp activities throughout the year.
Clinical Intern, Shrewsbury Youth & Family Services, Shrewsbury, MA
Sept. 2014 – May 2015
- Directed fuel assistance program (LIHEAP) to help low-income families secure heat for the winter.
- Managed LIHEAP program scheduling and reorganized paperwork filing to improve processing.
- Led two social-emotional wellness groups (Way to Go Guys!) for youth in 5th, 6th, and 7th
- Provided direct case management services to clients in the community addressing a wide range of issues including unemployment, domestic violence, immigration services referrals, and securing affordable housing.
Volunteer, Brookline Medical Reserve Corps., Brookline, MA
2018 – present
- Volunteer with community-based medical unit, training in natural disaster preparedness and public health epidemics to assist and coordinate public health and emergency response efforts.
Volunteer, Headcount, Boston, MA
2017 – present
- Attend music and community events to register voters through the non-partisan non-profit organization.
Summer Recreation Supervisor, Town of Needham Park and Recreation Department
May – Sept. 2015
- Managed nine summer youth programs and supervised ten seasonal Program Directors.
- Developed curriculum and led all pre-season trainings for Program Directors, Counselors, and Volunteers.
- Ran weekly staff meeting for Program Directors and formally evaluated Director performance.
- Monitored and resolved conflicts between staff, children, parents, and other town departments.
Summer Playground Director, Town of Needham Park and Recreation Department
Summer 2013, 2014
- Completed all pre-season preparation for nine summer programs for children ages 3-13, including supply and medical inventories and orders, transportation, and special events planning.
Summer Playground Counselor, Town of Needham Park and Recreation Department
Summer 2011, 2012
- Responsible for between 60-110 day campers from ages 5-10 and daily activities planning.
Skills and Achievements
- Spanish, Intermediate – Active and ongoing participant at Boston Area Spanish Exchange.
- Google, Level 2 Certified Educator, 2018 – Educator in all applications of the G Suite.
- CPR, Red Cross, 2018 – Ongoing certification in adult, child, and infant First Aid and CPR.
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America, 2009