Download here (Brian OKeefe Resume 2020) or review below:
Brian O’Keefe, MSW, LICSW
email@example.com | (781) 690-3411 | bcokeefe.com | LICSW #221868
Master of Social Work, Boston University, Boston, MA May 2016
- Trauma Certificate; Cumulative GPA: 3.76
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT May 2014
- Minors in Art History and Philosophy; Cumulative GPA: 3.48
Licensed Clinician, Bay Cove Academy (Justice Resource Institute), Brookline, MA
Oct. 2018 – present
- Provide individual therapy to 10 students referred from public school districts with mental health and academic issues at weekly therapy sessions and check-ins when emotionally dysregulated at a therapeutic day school.
- Maintain contact with guardian and collaterals and complete IEP assessments and attend all IEP meetings.
- Facilitate semester-long group sessions for students such as Identity & Social Media, Young Men’s Health, & Music Production, and monitor student behavior and milieu settings in the school.
- Serve as Educational Technology (EdTech) Ambassador for Day School Division, Committee Chair for Field Trips & Tournaments, and teach both Gym and Intramural Activities classes.
School-based Clinician, The Home for Little Wanderers, Roslindale, MA
Sept. 2015 – Oct. 2018
- Delivered school-based therapy at one Boston Public High School, Community Academy of Science and Health in Dorchester, and one Boston Public K-8 school, F.D. Roosevelt School in Hyde Park.
- Provided outpatient counseling to a caseload of 30+ clients at Child and Family Counseling Center (CFCC).
- Facilitated DMH-funded mental health groups and led activities during fall, winter and summer camps.
Clinical Intern, Shrewsbury Youth & Family Services, Shrewsbury, MA
Sept. 2014 – May 2015
- Directed fuel assistance program (LIHEAP) to help low-income families secure heat for the winter.
- Managed program scheduling and organized all paperwork processing and filing.
- Led two social-emotional wellness groups (Way to Go Guys!) for youth in 5th, 6th, and 7th
- Provided direct case management services to clients in the community addressing a wide range of issues including unemployment, domestic violence, immigration services referrals, and securing affordable housing.
Volunteer, Brookline Medical Reserve Corps., Brookline, MA
2018 – present
- Volunteer with community-based medical unit trained in natural disaster preparedness and public health episode response to assist and coordinate public health event and emergency response efforts.
Volunteer, Headcount, Boston, MA
2017 – present
- Attend music and community events to register voters through the non-partisan non-profit organization.
Summer Recreation Supervisor, Town of Needham Park and Recreation Department
May – Sept. 2015
- Managed nine summer youth programs and supervised ten seasonal Program Directors.
- Developed curriculum and led all pre-season trainings for Program Directors, Counselors, and Volunteers.
- Ran weekly meeting for Program Directors and formally evaluated Director performance.
- Monitored and resolved conflicts between staff, children, parents, and other town departments.
Summer Playground Director, Town of Needham Park and Recreation Department
Summer 2013, 2014
- Completed all pre-season preparation for nine summer programs for children ages 3-13, including supply and medical inventories and orders, transportation, and special events planning.
Summer Playground Counselor, Town of Needham Park and Recreation Department
Summer 2011, 2012
- Assisted with weekly Arts in the Parks concert series focused on community engagement through music.
Skills and Achievements
- Spanish, Intermediate – Active and ongoing participant at Boston Area Spanish Exchange.
- Google, Level 2 Certified Educator, 2018 – Educator in all applications of the G Suite.
- CPR, Red Cross, 2018 – Ongoing certification in adult, child, and infant First Aid and CPR.
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America, 2009