Download here (Brian OKeefe Resume Updated) or review below:
Brian C. O’Keefe, MSW, LICSW
(781) 690-3411; (617) 910-8248
LICSW #121813; bcokeefe.com
Master of Social Work – Trauma Certificate; Cumulative GPA – 3.76
Boston University – Boston, MA
Sept. 2014 – May 2016
Bachelor of Arts – Psychology; Minor – Art History, Philosophy; Cumulative GPA – 3.48
Fairfield University – Fairfield, CT
Sept. 2010 – May 2014
Licensed Clinician, Justice Resource Institute – Bay Cove Academy, Oct. 2018 to present
- Work in a therapeutic day school with students referred from public districts who have mental health and academic issues. See roughly 10 clients for both weekly sessions and check-ins when dysregulated. Run weekly semester-long group for students (such as Identity & Social Media), and serve as an Assistant Teacher. Additionally, monitor milieu settings in the school, such as Sensory and Take 5 areas.
School-based Clinician, The Home for Little Wanderers – CFCC, Sept. 2015 to Oct. 2018
- Primarily delivered school-based therapy as well as outpatient counseling to a caseload of roughly 30 clients. Worked in a Boston Public high school (Community Academy of Science and Health – Dorchester) and Boston Public K-8 school (F.D. Roosevelt – Hyde Park). Also participated in state Department of Mental Health funded fall, winter and summer camps in both a group leader and activity leader capacity.
Clinical Intern, Shrewsbury Youth & Family Services, Sept. 2014 to May 2015
- Directed fuel assistance program (LIHEAP) to help low-income families secure heat for the winter. Implemented all organization, processing, paperwork, and scheduling for the program. Ran two social-emotional wellness groups (Way to Go Guys!) for 7th graders as well as 5th & 6th Group consisted of hour-long sessions for a total of ten meetings, each with a weekly topic. Provided direct case management services to clients in the community, ranging from securing affordable housing and supplemental security income to domestic violence, unemployment, and immigration services referrals.
Summer Recreation Supervisor, Town of Needham – Park and Recreation, May 2015 to Sept. 2015
Summer Playground Director, Summer 2013, 2014
Summer Playground Counselor, Summer 2011, 2012
- Completed all pre-season preparation for nine Summer Programs for children ages 3-13, including supply/medical inventories and orders, transportation, and special events planning. Spearheaded all pre-season trainings for Program Directors, Counselors, and Volunteers. During season, supervised ten Directors throughout the day, oversaw all nine programs and solving situations that arose with staff, parents, children, and other salient parties. Ran weekly Director’s meeting and was responsible for formally evaluating Director performance. Also assisted with weekly Arts in the Parks concert series.
Victim Services Advocate, Derby Superior Court, Office of Victim Services, Sept. 2013 to May 2014
- Intern program for the State of Connecticut’s Judicial Branch. Assisted supervisor in profiling all victim cases and plans of support. Communicated directly with victims of crimes such as sexual assault, child molestation, and physical assault. Walked victims through the entire judicial process, updating and maintaining contact with them as their trials continued. Also provided case management to assure victims were provided the services they needed.
Achievements & Skills
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America, 2009 – Current Troop 10 Needham Instructor
- Member, National Residence Hall Honorary, 2012 – National Assoc. of College & Univ. Residence Halls
- Director of Beach Relations, Executive Board: Inter Residential Housing Association, 2013-2014 – Director in congruence with position as President of the Beach Resident Advocacy Group. Previous Student Affairs Representative for Dolan/Townhouses 2012-2013 and Jogues Hall 2011-2012.